Saturday, February 26, 2011

The new Kamehameha Bathroom



Dad came home on Friday morning, as previously detailed. It is so nice to have him back, though we both know he'd rather be in paradise with his wife and home. Who could blame him? 

Though I must admit, I'm fairly certain he spent at least 75 percent of his time on that island in a single room working with plumbing, cement, drywall, a wet saw, tiles, and who knows how many other loud nasty construction machineries. Yes. My dad completely renovated the downstairs bathroom of the Kauai house in just three. short. weeks. He's an animal. 

I would be thrilled to call this my first DIY makeover post but uh, I did nothing. . And this not your average handy dandy makeover, it was a demolition project. Therefore I'd classify this as my first DDIH radical demolition post! (DDIH for Dad Did It Himself, obviously).

Alas, I do have pictures! Courtesy of my mom, the clean up queen of these messy projects and the official mascot of the Kauai Home Despot.






Annnnd... 




He got back to California and had only a few days to recover before plunging back into to his real job after working 12-14 hours days on this bathroom. What a champ!?




I had absolutely no involvement in this process, but I'm proud to post it! I cannot WAIT for Kauai this summer to get my hands dirty working on more projects!



No comments:

Post a Comment