Friday, June 17, 2011

Hippo Birdy!

I feel like tuning twenty was a long time coming. Teenagedom was an incredible wonderwhirl of opportunities and lessons.. but I could feel myself prepare for the plunge into twenty somethings as soon as 2011 rolled around. 

Miraculously, I got out of school a day before my birthday. 
It was SO nice to drop all that academic clutter from my brain and just celebrate my life.

And guess what?

Cubs surprised me with a duel membership to the San Diego Zoo and the Wild Animal Park... for the both of us!

Obviously, Lauren and Ethan came along.




And as an extra treat, our dear friend Lindsay (who just returned from school at Skidmore) was in on the surprise!


It was simply a perfect day for the Zoo.





Some group favorites: Squirrel Monkeys, Elephants, Koalas, and Giraffes.






The zoo is massive. We did our very best to see all the exhibits. But seriously it was just too big to see everything.  


By the end of the day we were downright exhausted. Six hours on your feet will take energy out of you, no matter how many interesting and adorable animals you're surrounded with. 


Oh and I forgot to mention that we didn't eat that whole time. So by the time we got to Pedro's Tacos for my birthday dinner we were famished. 


And proceeded to gorge ourselves on legitimate mexican food.

Calories don't count on your birthday, right?

I know this post is nearly a month late.
I'm on summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment