Sunday, April 15, 2012

A casual hike.

My family is very comfortable in the outdoors. We raft, surf, backpack, repel, climb, and in general function pretty normally without running water, toilets, or stationary shelter. But for some reason on this beautiful March morning, my brother Joel and I were just not up for anything that would require physical exertion. I was tired and ready to relax with some tea and maybe pampering with friends and Joel had gotten not more than an hour of sleep from his late hometown galavant the night before. (We were on spring break... let's be honest.)

But family time is just so precious.

And when a full carload of masons pulled up to Lauren's spa on PCH in Carona del Mar, I couldn't help but feel a tad bit giddy about just spending the day with them. When I got in the car I asked siri (my new friend, shout out to her because she's aweeesomeee!) to find me 'the top of the world in Laguna Beach' and before long we found ourselves embarking on what must be the most casual hike I've ever. 'Hiking' was pretty much an excuse to just hang out and sing silly songs and have silly conversations with the greatest people around.


After, we went to Udupi Palace in Little India. Not only did we feast, but we did a little sari and idli shopping too, naturally.






No comments:

Post a Comment